Color palette (interface)
From MagicaVoxel Community Wiki
- Table list of 255 cells (32 lines and 8 rows) that allows selecting a color or matter with LButton in the active palette.
Each cell of the palette is identified by a unique number, the color index, from
1in the bottom left corner, to
255in the top right corner.
The index of each color is displayed in the console message line when hovering over a cell.
Each voxel in the project is linked to its color index value. If you change a color in the palette, all linked voxels will follow that new color change.
The index is also related to its position in the palette file (included in the project file when saving).
Using RButton on a color cell brings a palette floating menu to:
Drag and dropping a PNG file on the palette table replaces the current palette with colors of that PNG.
- import/load palette file
- export/save palette file
- clear the active palette
- mask all cells except the one selected
- sort the palette by ascending Value, Saturation and Hue
- select all voxels of active color
- deselect these ones
- delete these ones
- pin the menu so it doesn't close when selecting other color cells
Palette colors can be manipulated in many ways. You can:
- switch 2 color values in the table
- duplicate a color to another cell/index
- create a gradient between 2 cells